April 7 - DAY 12



Alma mater

You’ve been asked to speak at your high school alma mater — about the path of life. (Whoa.) Draft the speech.

Dear teachers and students, but specially teachers,

Yes, I address to you because I have to confess something: I have no idea what the path of life is. I'm sorry if I have disappointed you. I know you expected great things coming from me because I was one of the best students, but it's been almost four years since I left these walls and I am as lost as when I said goodbye.

I was excited to go to university because I thought that I would become a complete different person, and I would leave behind some aspects of me that I didn't like. But I've realized that my life hasn't change that much. Yeah, I have learnt many things, I am more responsible, (I think) I have developed critical thinking and so on, but I don't think I have experimented how university shapes my path of life. I am the same seventeen-year-old girl, whether I like it or not.

So to end this moving speech, I'd like to dedicate a quote by one of my favorite singers of all times to all the students who are looking at me right now as if I had something on my face:

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
-Kurt Cobain

Thank you.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Mi imagen de escritora

¡Encontré "Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne"!

Crítica de "Want You Back", lo nuevo de 5 Seconds of Summer